Last night I made these yummy stuffed peppers for my family. They were a huge it! The only thing I would change would to add more cheese to the top. Everything is better with more cheese!
Sausage and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers
1 large onion, chopped
2 large containers of mushrooms- 1st container sliced 2nd- chopped
2 packages ground sausage
5 peppers, cut in half, seeded I used red and yellow- You could also leave the peppers whole, but I like to cut them open, because they are easier to eat.
1 container (or more) of mozzarella cheese- shredded or cubed
1. Preheat Oven to 350
2. Cook the first container of mushrooms down in a large cast iron pan or dutch oven, about 6 minutes.
3. Then add the onion, sausage, and the rest of the chopped mushrooms. Cook the sausage and veggie mixture until the sausage is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
4. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick spray. Arrange the peppers to best fit in the pan. I actually used 1 large dish and one small one.
5. Fill up with meat mixture and top with cheese.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes until the peppers are soft and the cheese has melted.