Happy Sunday night! The weekends always go by too fast! We had a blast this last weekend of October! Here are a few highlights…
Playing in Decatur with friends!
I made this amazing sandwich today for lunch. I took two pieces of sunflower bread (from Publix) and spread one side with pimento cheese (store bought brand Palmetto Cheese with bacon) and the other side with one tablespoon both of mayo and Dijon mustard. Then I added 2 slices of Havarti cheese and sandwiched it together. Then I grilled it up in a bit of butter.
I cut it in half to make it look like a heart ❤ It was very rich, but hit the spot. A perfect cheesy grilled cheese!
So yummy! The girls gobbled up an entire spoonful! Serve with ice cream for an amazing dessert or warm for a yummy breakfast…
Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter, more for greasing pan
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup sugar
½ loaf sweet egg bread, cubed- I used apple bread
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a medium sized baking dish and fill it with bread.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, warm milk, butter, vanilla, sugar and salt. Continue cooking just until butter melts; cool.
2. Add eggs to cooled milk mixture and whisk; pour mixture over bread. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until custard is set and the edges of bread have browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Hey guys! I made this last night for dinner and got two thumbs up from everyone! It does not really photograph well, but the recipe turned out pretty yummy. You can make your own meatballs, but it is a Monday night and no one really has time for that, so I used frozen ones. I am also researching ways that I can use my crock pot, so be on the lookout for that.
1 bag of frozen meatballs
1 tbsp. olive oil
5 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
2 cups beef broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet heat olive oil and 1 Tablespoon butter. Add the meatballs and cook turning continuously until brown on each side and mostly cooked throughout. They may still be a bit frozen in the center, but you are going to add them back in for a few minutes at the end. Take out the meatballs.
2. Add 4 Tablespoons butter and flour to skillet and whisk until brown. Slowly stir in beef broth and heavy cream. Add Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard and bring to a simmer until sauce starts to thicken. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the meatballs back to the skillet and simmer for another 1-2 minutes. I served them over egg noodles.
Hey guys! I made this meal last night for the family. It was so easy. All I did was put six chicken breasts in the crockpot with a bottle of barbecue sauce. I added some salt, pepper, and onion powder. I cooked it on low all day long, and when I got home from work, dinner was almost ready. All I had to do was shred the chicken. We put it on buns and made BBQ sandwiches. I served with a side of mac & cheese and broccoli.
Happy Sunday! Why does the weekend have to go buy so fast? This was a pretty awesome one. We spent lots of time with family and friends, so whenever you get to do that, it is super special. Here are a few pictures of the weekend…
Loving on their Uncle Mac
Knows he is getting eggs 😉
Sausage Egg and Cheese Croissant
Impromptu Sleepover was a success!
Lots of fun at the fair! I feel like October weekends are the best! Lots of carnivals, fairs, and corn mazes to go to all leading up to Halloween.Even the moms joined in on the face painting fun!
You can’t go to the fair without getting funnel cake! Or Snow Cones!
Playing in the creek and making memories that will always put a smile on their face!