I made this alfredo pasta with Shrimp and peas. The peas were leftover from a couple days ago and the shrimp were cooked in more garlic butter on the side, because one daughter HATES SHRIMP AND IT CAN’T TOUCH MY PASTA. They don’t matter. This is all about the sauce.
- 1/2 Cup Butter- that is one stick 😉 Never said this was healthy.
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream (this time I added mostly half and half bc I was down to just a 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced (or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg- Seriously, buy this. It comes in a container with a bunch of little nutmeg balls and they are delicious in anything savory and/or sweet. I usually put it in anything creamy or sweet. It is great in pancakes, too.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese. plus more on the top at them end.
Add the butter and cream to a large skillet.
Simmer over low heat for 2 minutes.
Whisk in the garlic, nutmeg, salt, and pepper for one minute.
Whisk in the parmesan cheese until melted.