On to the main course…
This roast chicken is simple and delicious.
Preheat oven to 500…yes, that is the right temperature.
1. Pick out some of your favorite herbs. I used tarragon, rosemary, sage, marjoram, and basil.
2. Get out a stick of butter (I always use unsalted unless otherwise noted). Let it get soft on the counter for about 30 minutes, or soften it up in the microwave for about 20 seconds, 10 seconds at a time.
3. Hand mix the herbs and butter with a spatula or slowly pulse together in a food processor.
4. Pat dry the whole chicken. Salt and pepper librally on all sides. Smear the bird all over with your herb butter.
5. Roast for about 1 1/2 hour. flipping and basting every 20 minutes or so.
I set off my fire alarm. The chicken was fine, but apparently I had some food in the oven that caught on fire. Nothing major. Just run of the mill cooking stuff. Ain’t no thang =)