I am just going to say that I have not been great about using my Instapot. I have used it maybe 10 times in the past year that I have received it. Mostly for cooking eggs or when I forget about dinner and I pray that dinner will be ready sooner rather than later, which really doesn’t happen much. I am pulling out my Instapot cookbook RN and making more things in it!
My family LOVES ribs of any kind. I bought these spare ribs already cut up and decided to try this idea I remembered from Pinterest. It is not exactly the same and I put my own spin on it. PERFECTION!
- 1 pound of pork ribs- about 6 ribs
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- BBQ sauce- I use Sticky Fingers
- Rub Concoction- not measured, 😉 Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, chili powder, ground coriander, crushed red pepper flakes, brown sugar, salt, pepper
- My ribs were already cut and cleaned by the butcher.
- In a small bowl, stir together the rub mixture. Coat the ribs with a touch of olive oil. Then add the rub over the ribs on all sides.
- Place the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Pour in the water, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire. Place the ribs inside the pot, standing them on the rack upright like little pork soldiers.
- Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on high for 35 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release completely (about 15 minutes). You will know it is released when the pin drops.
- Once the ribs are finished, place them on an aluminum lined sheet tray and coat in BBQ sauce. Broil for about 5 minutes. Add more BBQ Sauce to the table in case people like it extra saucey 😉