I took this recipe from Weeliciuos. I love this book so much and can’t wait to buy her new book soon…
the only thing I changed was the wheat flour. I don’t have that, so I just added extra all purpose flour.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 large egg, beaten
1/3 cup milk
Creamy peanut butter or almond butter
Jam or jelly, for topping- the original recipe says optional, but I think not…
1. Preheat the oven to 400 and grease your muffin pans\
2. Combine the flours, salt, and baking flour
3. In another bowl, mash the bananas. Add the eggs and sugar and stir to combine. I added in 1/2 cup of Quaker Instant Oatmeal. Add the oil and milk and mix until smooth.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine; do not over mix.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, add in to your muffin tins. Add 1 scoop of peanut butter in top. I left about 4 without peanut butter.
6. Bake between 15-20 minutes.
7. Cool. I tested one with a dollop of strawberry jam. YUM!!!!!
These muffins keep about a day on the counter and 4 days in the fridge.